Our series of posts on lead nurturing were a big hit with many marketers out there – so we decided to take some great info from those, and present it in this handy infographic. We hope you enjoy it and share it with all your friends!
More Lead Nurturing Posts
Proper and effective nurturing of leads increases sales, which helps the bottom line. Lead nurturing is a vital part of the sales process and allows an initial contact to turn into a sale.
Why Lead Nurturing is Important
- Only 27% of B2B leads are sales-ready when first generated
- Only 25% of leads are legitimate and should advance to sales
- Only 5% of marketers use a full-featured marketing automation solution to help with lead nurturing and the overall sales process.
- Research shows that 35% – 50% of sales go to those businesses and vendors who respond first – meaning if you aren’t nurturing your leads, you are missing out.
- 65% of B2B marketers have not yet established lead nurturing processes.
Setting Yourself Apart
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads for a 33% lower cost.
- 46% of marketers with mature lead management processes have sales team that follow up on more than 75% of marketing generated leads.
Lead Nurturing by Email
- Lead nurturing emails get 4-10 times the response rate compared to standalone email blasts.
- 62% of marketers are using or planning to use automated text messaging in the next 12 months.
Open Rates Not Created Equal
- An estimated 9.6 trillion messages were sent worldwide in 2012. 98% of SMS marketing messages are opened, compared to 20% of marketing emails. The response rate for marketing SMS is 45%, compared to 6% for marketing emails.
- Open rates for triggered emails hit 49.8% in the second quarter of 2012, almost 95% higher than the mass email send rate. 40% of B2B marketers rated the leads generated and nurtured by email marketing as high quality.
What Consumers Want from Email
- 58% of people say receiving discounts and special offers was the top reason for subscribing to emails from businesses or non-profits.
- 78% of US email users will also access their emails via mobile by 2017.
- Only 2% of marketers rated leads generated from email marketing as “high cost”, representing the lowest cost channel.
- According to a study, the average open rate for 25-499 member email newsletter lists was 28%. In this group, transportation, retail, and religious newsletters had the highest open rates. This makes intuitive sense, as people are interested in retail sales, news about transportation schedules and delays, and devoted to religion.
- When the list grew to 500-999 members, the open rate was 22.3%, and for 1,000+ members, the open rate was 12.2%.
- Small to medium lists tend to be more targeted, yielding messages that are more relevant to the recipients.
Best Times to Contact Leads to Maximize Conversion Rates (Based on EST):
- West Coast: 11 AM – 1 PM and 6 PM – 8 PM
- East Coast: 8 AM – 10 AM and 4 PM – 6 PM
Social Media by the Minute
- 100,000 Tweets are sent
- 3,600 Photos are shared on Instagram
- 48 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube
- 684,478 pieces of content are shared on Facebook
- 2,000,000 queries are searched on Google